Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hanann's Annotated Bibliography (2)

Share it Please
New working thesis: The imagery used in Hamlet such as flowers, ears, and dirt all symbolize Hamlet’s theme of action vs. inaction.

Social Sources

a.      Homies: Does my Mom count as a homie? She has an MA in English and loves Shakespeare. I’ve had so many good talks with her about the psychoanalytical side of Hamlet and its symbolism that I want to include.
b.      Peers: Jessica Groberg. My roommate. We’ve had many late-night talks about Hamlet and why characters’ actions lead to tragedy in the play.
c.       Enthusiasts: Jane Pike. An old friend I haven’t contacted in a long time. Loves anything Shakespeare and I’m looking forward to talking with her.
d.      Experts: Brandie Siegfried. I’ve heard a lot from peers about how smart Siegfried is about Shakespeare. My mom says she’s intimidating, but brilliant, so I’m interested to see what she has to say about the imagery in Hamlet.

Media/Informal Sources

Project, Ashley. “Action Vs. Inaction: Hamlet Theme Project.” Prezi Presentation. 19 November 2016.

Prezi Presentation on action in Hamlet. Helped me compare the moments Hamlet does act with the moments he doesn’t.  https://prezi.com/zmlbmmzeq6px/action-vs-inaction/


Grabau, Lydia. “Hamlet Dramaturgy.” Blog. 19 November 2016. Web.



Blog about the symbolism of Ophelia’s flowers. The flowers to me represent Ophelia finally taking action and speaking out against the people who have hurt her, even if she is mad. But you’d never know she was speaking out without knowing what the flowers symbolize. https://hamletdramaturgy.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/ophelias-flowers/

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of flower imagery in Hamlet, and it is fun that you have been able to have such neat conversations with family about Hamlet!

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll

About