Monday, September 19, 2016

Beyond the Bars

Share it Please
Beyond the Bars 

Imposing bars have found their way inside My mind,
and though I try I know not why 
Their icy touch becomes the great divide 
Despite my tries to get outside, I sigh, 
And doubt I'll ever have the strength I need 
To break or bend or rend this quarantine 
That keeps the real me trapped, and so I plead 
With bars that mock me with the space between. 
I look Beyond the Bars and then I see 
A Light whose brightness shines like the divine. 
I reach between in hope to find the key, 
and soon I feel a hand connect with mine. 
The bars depart, the key comes from Above. 
My Savior comes and frees me with His Love. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious, why did you capitalize Beyond and Bars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, your volta blended in so much better in this version. It was a subtle change but it definitely worked. Well done:)

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll

About