Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Kate's Informal Research of Sonnet 116

Share it Please

1. "Impediments" in Sonnet 116 by TGA Nelson. This is an AWESOME formal analysis which focuses on the difficulties of the sonnet. He basically talks about the central "problem" of the sonnet, but in this, it gives you a better understanding of not only THIS sonnet, but sonnets in general. Awesome read.

2.http://nfs.sparknotes.com/sonnets/sonnet_116.html No fear Shakespeare basically breaks down the sonnet into a modern text. Which, helps a modern reader kinda just "get it" a little more. 

3.  
Can we just talk about how handy this image is? Seriously. It breaks down the sonnet and has little bubbles that makes the organization so much easier for me to get. Plus, I really love how some of it is super simple, and yet, it's all relevant to my research.

4. I spoke to my husband about this over the weekend. We talked about the poem, and it was a really good opportunity for me to really "get" the poem because I was explaining it to an Electrical Engineer AKA he has a pretty limited knowledge of poetry and its do's and do not's. 

2 comments:

  1. I like that you were able to find insights on other sonnets through looking at this sonnet. Also, the word thing and picture you found seem to present interesting approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! To me, it is such a great example of what is good about the internet. It is eye catching, interesting, and informative. What a cool find!

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll

About