Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Musings on Virtue No.2

Share it Please


Can I go into that cold night alone?
to wander with no family at my side
where stillborn snow like feathers softly roam
and anchors make deep footsteps in the night
here fire warms my aching bones of flesh
and someone speaks sweet words into my ear
the stone casters have all been made to rest
and I am sovereign of each action here
the future can’t compete when moment’s stage
burns bridges that warm up the winter night
yet, cold has earned its place through every age
and night is but a breath from heaven’s sight
can I go into that cold night alone?
where only frozen snow will me condone

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hanann, this gave me chills! You're use of imagery is fantastic, and I like the classic feel your sonnet has. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll

About