Monday, September 19, 2016

Three Simple Words

Share it Please


Three simple words can change all of your life
That once filled up with doubt, the space no more
Subsides but words I read upon thin leaf
Release fears of my adolescence, for
Lies my hope in something more or someone
Who answers questions of my heart and writes:
“I know that if ye shall follow the son.”
This simple phrase, discovered, floods insights
Into my aching soul the pain does run
Out. Change your heart, your mind, your life, your soul
He asks all- for no other conclusion
Results in total joy or makes you whole.
Three simple words have changed my life today.
The Son’s the answer so let come what may.

2 Nephi 31:13 and Joseph B Worthlin's talk "Come What May, And Love It," October 2008

6 comments:

  1. I love that this isn't the three words we automatically think of when we hear "three words" I like that you used the spirit's lesson to you to write on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell that your sonnet is very heartfelt. You meant what you were writing and that gives it an air of authenticity. I appreciated that very much. It's hard to be authentic when sticking to form (at least for me), but I think you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could tell that your sonnet is very heartfelt. You meant what you were writing and that gives it an air of authenticity. I appreciated that very much. It's hard to be authentic when sticking to form (at least for me), but I think you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the subject that you chose to write on. That's a great talk and you can feel the change it brings as you read the poem. There are some places where I'm not sure if the poem is exactly iambic, or where the flow seems a bit interrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In line 11, the iambic pentameter is off. But I enjoyed the message of the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the message. This was really cool and it was an awesome way to take an assignment and add a ton of personal meaning to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll

About