Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hanann's Draft Sonnet

Share it Please


Can I go into that cold night?
To wander with no family near
Can I alone cross the height?
When anchors drag me under here


Where fire warms my tired bones
Soft and harmless first appears
All the ones who have cast stones
Left me sovereign as it nears


Outside the night is dark and bitter
Tomorrow seems so far away
Yet the freeze of icy winter
Sparkles like the sun’s first ray


The unknown road into the night

Far colder than the fire light

Haha, this poem reveals too much about me. My inspiration is "Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night," Jane Eyre, and integrity.

3 comments:

  1. I believe this may be more iabix tetrameter than pentmeter, but it's a great start

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story that your sonnet told. The last two lines were especially poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the story that your sonnet told. The last two lines were especially poignant.

    ReplyDelete

Blogroll

About